Single Tooth Implant – Lacey, WA
Restoring Smiles One Tooth at a Time
You’re tired of looking at an incomplete smile. It’s been a while since you lost your tooth, and it’s becoming more troublesome and embarrassing when forced to speak to others. A missing tooth does more than create problems for your smile’s aesthetic. It also puts you at risk for additional bone and tooth loss. Not to mention the possibility of misalignment among your other teeth as they shift to try and “close the gap.” At Peterson & Cammack Dentistry, our team will give you back your beautiful, healthy smile by placing a dental implant into the vacated socket. With this new fixture, you will not only see a noticeable difference in your appearance, but you will also notice a dramatic improvement in your oral health. To find out if you are eligible for treatment or to learn more about the process of implant placement, contact us today.
Single Tooth Replacement Options
There are two options when it comes to replacing a single missing tooth. You may choose a less invasive option known as a fixed bridge or a more permanent solution – a single tooth dental implant.
- Fixed Bridge: Your dentist will examine your healthy teeth that exist on either side of the gap. If they are strong enough to serve as anchors, we will file these teeth down before taking impressions. Lab technicians will create a custom-made dental bridge that consists of dental crowns that are fused. When ready, our team will place the bridge over your healthy teeth and the artificial tooth will sit on top of your gums to complete your smile.
- Single Tooth Implant: Although the single tooth implant will require surgical placement, Dr. Peterson or Dr. Cammack will make a small incision in your gums and place the implant into your jawbone. After closing up the gum tissue, you will return home to recover for 3-6 months to allow the implant to fuse with the bone and tissue. After this time, you will return to have your metal abutment put into place as well as your custom dental crown, which will be secured to the top of the implant. This process requires no altering of your natural, healthy teeth.
Benefits of Single Tooth Implants
A single tooth implant will offer you more benefits than you ever thought possible. Unmatched by alternative solutions, you will find that with a dental implant, you will have:
- Greater stability and functionality when eating, chewing, or speaking
- A restoration that is easy to maintain and keep clean because all you need are your regular oral hygiene products
- A restoration that can last decades or even a lifetime with proper care and maintenance
- Improved oral health because of the implant’s ability to stimulate the jawbone and prevent changes in your facial shape
- Natural, healthy teeth that remain in place because the vacated socket is filled